- Status: Adopted!
- Adoption Fee: 75.00
- Species: Cat
- Rescue ID: C210012
- General Color: Black
- Color: Solid
- Current Size: 6.75 Pounds
- Current Age: 1 Year 8 Months (best estimate)
Meet the moms of the Black Jack 21(+5) Crew! Celina, Maura and Sabine are the first of our momma's to be introduced and are ready to meet their new families!
These girls have been such good moms, have done a wonderful jobs raising their little ones and have turned over that job to us to finish up. They are all very sweet and friendly and we are hoping they will steal the hearts of our supporters and begin their new start and find forever homes quickly!
Put in an application today and learn more!
Maura is spayed, FIV/FeLV tested, vaccinated, microchipped, flea treated and dewormed and ready for her new home as part of the adoption package!
Some Black Cat Facts and Reason to Adopt a Mini Panther!
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." ~ Groucho Marx
Did you know that black cats have the lowest adoption rate and the highest euthanasia rate? Why? We're not quite sure. Maybe it's the superstition factor. Some people say they can't see or make a connection with a black cat in a poorly lit area - and for folks browsing the internet for pets, black cats don't always show up in photographs as well as lighter colored felines (it can be difficult to take a good photo of a black cat for our website listings). For whatever reason, black cats are statistically less likely to be adopted than more brightly colored felines.
Black cats are also most often ignored by many rescue groups because they are so hard to place. These cats are often left waiting in shelters with hopes of finding a loving home, only to be destroyed once their time is up. We do our best NOT to discriminate based on color. It is true that our black cats often take longer to find homes – and that they take up much needed foster space during kitten season. But our philosophy is that ALL cats deserve a safe and loving home. Therefore, if you are thinking of adding a kitty to the family, here are the top 10 reasons to pick a black cat!
10. You can always find your black cat in the snow. OK, so ours are indoor only girls and boys and no outdoor snow for them ...but you can find them easily on any light colored surface such your carpet or your floral bedspread.
9. Everything goes with black. It's true. You know it. We know it. You've got your black power suit on, a white cat jumps on your lap - it's all over. But if your black cat wants a little love and affection, no harm done --your look is only enhanced!
8. Black cats look like mini panthers. Their regal breeding is very apparent under their sleek black coats. Adopt one of these exotic creatures and experience the wild side.
7. A black cat will match any décor. You won't have to redecorate your house to coordinate with your cat. They are totally willing to pose on gold velvet, white velvet, pink velvet, or your sofa cushion - to add taste and beauty to any room of your home. They'll perch on the brocade chair; sleep on the rug; curl in the middle of the bed. You name it, they're willing to go to great lengths to help you make your home beautiful. They’re just that special.
6. Black is beautiful. There's the deep auburn shaded black, the blue black, the black with tiny white highlights here and there, the sophisticated black, the fluffy black, the black with downy soft fur, the black with yellow eyes, the black with green eyes, the black with grey eyes ... well, you get the picture. Black is not just black; there are as many different kinds of black cats as there are cats!
5. Bad Luck, Schmad Luck! When you love a black cat, luck is on your side! Superstition is really just a matter of geography - if you lived in Asia or the U.K., black cats are considered GOOD LUCK! But we really believe that Groucho is right -- a black cat is nothing more than… a black cat. Who has the potential to be your best friend/playmate/confidante/beloved companion.
4. Black cats have more fun. You only thought blondes had more fun. Black cats are fun-loving, playful, full of spark and energy. It's almost as if they try harder to overcome the ridiculous image they are somehow dull and dreary. It's actually quite the opposite. They tend to have the best personalities and be the most loyal of kitties. They're like the sun streaming in a window on a rainy day; like the circus coming to town; they're just plain funtastic.
3. Black cats are loving. Look, we know their reputation -- scary. You've seen the illustrations -- skinny cats with nasty long teeth and bristly hair. We guarantee they're nothing like that. The black cats we know go overboard to be as affectionate and loving as any fluffy, white, pink-nosed bunny kitty could be, AND you get all the other benefits we've listed, too.
2. Love knows no color! Your cat doesn't care what color you, your hair, or any human might be. They realize what truly matters. Felines might not be color blind but when it comes to love, they know what's important.
And the # 1 reason to adopt a black cat is that…Black Cats are the least likely to get adopted! Adopting a black cat might not change the world, but surely, the world will change for that one black cat.